Belkin Car Audio Connect With Bluetooth Is350

Installed this in my 2006 IS-350. This is a great device for those who want to add bluetooth wireless music streaming to their pre-2011 model Lexus (the 2011 models have this feature now). I'm using this with the iPhone 4 and it's very nice to leave my phone in the pocket and just hop in the car and just the little belkin button mounted on my dash to start playing music.... It plugs right into the cigarette plug in the center console and then has a pigtail audio cable that plugs into the line in the center console, for a nice clean installation. Then there's a wire that goes to the Microphone which also doubles as a button you press to start the music playback, skip to the next song, or activate voice dialing on the iphone. It also has a USB port on it so you can still use your cigarette lighter plug to charge a USB device. With that said, wanted to point out a few things:

-My car has the audio noise isolation issue - I get a slight hum from the engine using this, not NEARLY as much as when I have my charger plugged into the phone and plug the phone into the line in. I understand there is a TSB for this and I just need to call my dealer and see if they will do it for free (I am out of factory warranty but still have the lexus extended warranty in place)

-Works with external apps like Pandora, Spotify, etc. However, Spotify seems to have an issue where it will cut out once in a while and I have to hit the belkin button again to get the audio to start playing. A few times it wouldn't work at all without closing and reopening Spotify and pushing the bluetooth button again. It may just be a Spotify issue rather then something with the Belkin device.

-After you start the car and push the button, music usually starts playing, but not always. Sometimes I have to unlock my phone and open the ipod app and push the button again. Most of the time it does play. If I'm playing a podcast, it does resume exactly where I left off before.

-Bluetooth speakerphone works BETTER then the Lexus one, it plays in stereo on all speakers, AND also people seem to be able to hear me better then the Lexus built in Bluetooth.

-Yes, you can have your iPhone paired to BOTH the Lexus AND the Belkin, and do calls through the Lexus and music through Belkin. Music pauses when the call comes in and resumes when call finishes.

-Overall, a great upgrade for $80 bucks, well worth it to me to not have to plug cables into my phone when I get in the car.... I am a little disappointed in the consistency of music playing, and would also like it to automatically start playing without pushing any buttons (like the factory Bluetooth does on the 2011 IS)... LOL

BOTTOM LINE: If you want the convenience of leaving your phone in your pocket and play music, and don't want to mess with hard wired solutions this is your best bet.