Efi # 2 Fuse Keeps Blowing 7.5A

MikeZ3481

Hi Guys and Gals, I have a 2001 LS430 that is throwing me for a loop. It intermittantly keeps blowing the Fuel injection #2 fuse which puts the car into a "safe mode". I have a code P0100 MAF open or short. I inspected the wiring thouroughly and it is all in tact. As well as installed a new Mass air flow meter because the heating element in the MAF is prone for failure (shorts). That did not solve it. It is very random and I cannot find out what other componets are on the same 7.5a circuit. If anyone can help It will be greatly apreciated. If someone could solve it I will Loyally give a reward. Thank you

Hi and welcome to the LOC,

Sorry I don't have any specific information on the LS430 but my driver's handbook for my LS400 provides a list of all the fuses fitted in the car and this includes which circuits each fuse feeds.

On the LS400 fuse 16 7.5A supplies the "Starting system,cruise control system,multipoint fuel injection system and instrument panel lights"

Have a look at your book to see if gives similar information which may help you find the problem.

There are also aften CD ROM copies of the workshop manuals on ebay for a few $$ which include the wiring diagrams showing what this fuse feeds and the associated wiring.