1994 Ls400 Suspension

lexusonthelake

Thought I would update you on a post from last week where I described some suspension issues while on a long road trip. We'll, I am having the dealer do an inspection of the suspension components this week on Wednesday. I wonder what they will find...I'm expecting a minimum of 1 grand :angry:

Anyway, I'm experiencing a harsh ride that appears to be front suspension related when driving on less than perfect pavement and most noticeably when driving on ridges in pavement. I also think it is too spongy over bumps and elevation changes in highway. Thanks to those of you who responded last week. The dealer said today that the most common problem is ball joints. I asked about struts and they said they wouldn't believe the struts are bad. I also advised that I want all bushings looked at (thanks to all of you). They keep telling me ball joints and I just don't believe that's all it is or even the primary cause.

I'll share how much damage they want to cause me later this week! I am likely to find a local independent mechanic if I knew of a good one in the Minneapolis area. If anyone knows, share.