Noise Coming From Passenger Side

lyndens

Purchased a 2005 RX 330 in January 2010, mainly for my wife to use (she wanted something with heated seats...). Has 70 K Km on it. Happy with it so far, although last week she mentioned that there is a rattle coming from the passenger side of the vehicle. It is quite high pitched and sounds like a bee buzzing. I can replicate the noise by opening the front passenger door and slapping the door with my hand, it makes the noise for a second or two. Anyone else experienced this? It is quite annoying and the vibration causes it by going over small bumps in the highway. Do I need to possibly remove the door panel to find the problem, and is this hard to do? thanks,

Today I was outside my 99 RX300 cleaning the windshield. Doors and windows closed, engine off, radio on. I heard an intermittent buzzing sound by the passenger door and thought of your question.

The radio speaker was inducing a buzz in two places - the passenger side mirror, and the door handle/door handle trim.

Try the radio to see if it helps localize your problem.

Today I was outside my 99 RX300 cleaning the windshield. Doors and windows closed, engine off, radio on. I heard an intermittent buzzing sound by the passenger door and thought of your question.

The radio speaker was inducing a buzz in two places - the passenger side mirror, and the door handle/door handle trim.

I believe it is coming from the door latch area. I can replicate the sound if I "slap" the door with my hand, it makes the sound for a second or two. Driving down the highway I get intermittent noise depending on how bumpy the road is. I tried tightening the screws that hold the latch in place, and also squirting some WD40 in the general area. Didn't really help. I think I need to take the door panel off to get to it. Has anyone had any experience taking a door panel off an RX? I have just done a door panel on a BMW 7 series and it can't be any worse than that!!