Trans Tune Usage In Tranny And Ps System

cardona6569

Greetings to all members of this distinguished Forum:

Sometime ago my car tranny started slipping when cold in the mornings or when it first went into Drive. I though as my dealer suggested that a flush on a 120,000 miles tranny was not good for the car. I checked Fluid added some to the proper level, to no results, the car kept slipping when put into drive, I also added Trans X which cured that in all my other cars, no result. I started to think my tranny even not going bad because it only did it once in the day, something was wrong. As one of my other mechanics advised me, run it until it really breaks down because if you send it to get rebuild at the beginning of the slipping or at the end it will cost about the same, he is talking mostly about american cars in which he mostly worked for me at the time, he has never touched my Lex. In case that was not enough, suddenly my steering started to get heavier at times without any reason, I had replaced the rack and I know the main PS line has two very small leaks, (told by my new mechanic after a two hour run in his shop for it to start leaking), his advise, run it the leak is not a dangerous or big one and check the fluid until you get a new line, as I write, the car is in his shop to get that line replaced and new shocks, originals; (learned from this forums that if you want the soft ride orginal struts/shocks are the way to go); next what worked for me.

I DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE AND BOUGHT TRANS TUNE, FROM THE GOOD PEOPLE OF SEAFOAM. (It is known the said additive/fuel cleaner WORKS VERY GOOD, IF YOU ASK ME AND OTHERS IN THIS FORUM AND OTHER FORUMS IN THE NET). I read the instructions and used what it indicated on the label as and additive in the tranny without flushing the system, and took about a capfull and a half and added it to the PS system. Took the car on a long drive. Next morning got the car out cold after letting it warm about a minute or less took it out and no more slipping, and the same happened to the steering no more heavy sterring, which at times seemed to try to lock up. I know I did not follow the instructions for usage in the PS system as specified on the can but since at this time the PS system main hose is being changed the fluid will be mostly new and should have no more problems.

I will like to point out that in no way I do represent sell, or have any other part with Seafoam products or else, I am just sharing my experience, my results do not indicate that yours will be the same but I feel this are some of the best 9 bucks I spent and still have almoust half a can in my garage.

Note: My PS System runs on Mobil Synch ATF since the change of Rack, the tranny runs on mostly Toyota ATF Type IV, the OEM recommended fluid minus some add ons, (less than half a quart). that I had to do of Valvoline Import Fluid which the label said it was compatible with the Toyota OEM and was forced to do so since it was on an Sunday and the Lexus dealer does not open, will be all corrected when it gets to 150,000 at which time the tranny will be flushed by the dealer.

Sincerely, Chris Puerto Rico