96 Ls400 Post Timing Belt Change Issues

tsarang

I got the timing belt change complete. everything looked good. made sure all the timing marks lined up by turning the crank twice from TDC to TDC. looks perfect. got the distributors and rotors installed perfect But When I start the car it starts immediately with RPMS at 3000-4000 as usual then after a couple of secs they come down and car stalls, after this it crank's but does not fire up. I can make it start after a lot of cranking and pushing on the gas pedal. It will stall if I let off the gas. The car runs real rough with lots of vibration when I do this.

I had the car started long enough to get near operating temprature and it gave a p0304 code, i changed the cylinder spark plug and wire as I found the spark plug wire to be out of specs(>40Kohm). I cleared the code and restarted. Still the engine gives me same code. I cleaned up the distributor and rotor connections, switched them. still the same. Engine hard starts, runs rough with shudder. will not idle and it die's if i let go of gas.

I had the car sitting for about two months now through the 14F weather, do you think its because of bad gas?. I dont think its ignition because I have already checked spark, resistances of the coils, wires, plugs etc. I can hear the fuel pump and can smell gas so that also cannot be the culprit.

this is what I am thinking might be the problems

a) Bad gas, fuel filter

B) IAC valve (idle-air control (IAC) valve, vacumn leak??)

c) Crank sensor?

I am stumped on this one, Please Help!!!!

Recheck all the electrical connections to all the sensors particularly the crank angle sensor and the camshaft position sensors and make sure the sensors themselves have not ben damaged.

There is a lot of disassembly for the cambelt change and it is easy to miss something when going back together.