Please Help, Running Out Of Options/misfires/odor/brakes

esugar

I'm getting frustrated, went to dealer told me it was coils 2,4, & 6 had them replaced. Also changed the plugs. Drive out of the dealership, runs good till later that day. Again, I get the stuttering/misfire, no brakes, smell of fumes etc.... I go back they tell me to change the ocv, get that done.

Same thing happening, just do not know what to do next. If someone could PLEASE help, any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

First thing I would do is get away from this dealer and find a good independent repair shop with good technicians.

A Toyota dealer might be a good bet too since they share this engine.

I'm getting frustrated, went to dealer told me it was coils 2,4, & 6 had them replaced. Also changed the plugs. Drive out of the dealership, runs good till later that day. Again, I get the stuttering/misfire, no brakes, smell of fumes etc.... I go back they tell me to change the ocv, get that done.

Same thing happening, just do not know what to do next. If someone could PLEASE help, any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Search this forum. I know this has happened to others but I personally don't remember the exact cause. It looks like coil failure but is actually something else, do a search.

• 1 year later...

Search for misfire. If you can't find it emailme I had the same problem. Very fast fix. Oil control valve (left) part cost me $90 at Lexus dealer and my brother replaced it in less than 30min. My rx runs perfect. Patyhernandez77@AOL.com