Ignition Interlock

milano67

Key goes into ignition, turns to acc position or a little bit more. This is not a car in park with steering wheel turned lock issue. It is an issue with the tumblers in the lock not doing what they are supposed to do. In the past a little graphite lock dust, or other lubrication has accomplished the job with a ton of key jiggling. I pulled out the master key, which is rarely used to see if key wear is an issue. The new key has the same problem. Had this issue with a 87 mustang, quick fix. New ignition put in with new key and off I went. I start exploring the 1993 LS400 ignition and it appears to be a single piece with the steering column??? Is there anyway to replace just the ignition switch?

thanks for any help.

93 ls400

01 lx470

The ignition switch is on the steering column? Not in my 90 or 95.

The part number for the ignition switch on the 90-94 is 84450-50010, about $133

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...p;siteid=214915

[/quote

thanks, after additional research I finally figured it out. Do you know how to get the ignition cyclinder out of the ignition assembly?

There is a hole in the top that looks like you could stick something in it and pry the cylinder out, but knowing lexus there is a secret to it..

Anyone who knows, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks