Vais Tech Box Installed - Now Funny Noises

ottoman

Hi all-

Just put in the VaisTech box so I can play my iPod through the ML/NAV system on my 2006 LS430. Thanks to those on the site for letting me know that such a gizmo even exists. Generally, I'm pleased, but I've noticed that I'm now picking up interference when I dive by our local airport. It is a high pitched intermittent wine; this did NOT occur before the VaisTech box was installed and it also happens when the audio system is switched off.

Clearly- I've introduced a way for spurious signal to get into the mix.

Any suggestions?

Ottoman

Hi all-

Just put in the VaisTech box so I can play my iPod through the ML/NAV system on my 2006 LS430. Thanks to those on the site for letting me know that such a gizmo even exists. Generally, I'm pleased, but I've noticed that I'm now picking up interference when I dive by our local airport. It is a high pitched intermittent wine; this did NOT occur before the VaisTech box was installed and it also happens when the audio system is switched off.

Clearly- I've introduced a way for spurious signal to get into the mix.

Any suggestions?

Ottoman

I have the iPod device in my 2003 ML/NAV but haven't had the problem that you are having. Try unpluging the unit from the cable that comes from the back of the radio. Do this with the key off. Drive the same route and see if it still make the noise. If it doesn't you may want to E-mail Vais directly. I had a problem with it interfering with the Nav unit and thy took care of it.