Interior Trim

JoAnnHG

Hi, I have a 06 SC, and when I bought the car in August, there were some black marks on and around the coin holder. The car retailer I bought from got them off. The other day, I had two drops of water hit the coin holder, and when I wiped them dry, it left another similar black mark. I have tried both detergent and Windex, plus lots of rubbing, and neither has removed the mark. The trim is a silver color so the black mark really stands out. This is driving me crazy. Is this trim chrome or some other material and does anyone know what to use to clean it? I put in a call to the place I bought the car but they haven't returned it. I guess I could ask a dealer or a good detailer, but thought someone here might know. Please e-mail me at JoAnn HG@aol.com or respond here. Thanks, JoAnn

• 2 weeks later...

Can you take some pictures for us? Still not sure which piece you're talking about. Do you mean the brushed aluminum rectangle around the shifter?

I'm pretty sure that material is aluminum. I didn't think water could oxidize aluminum, so maybe it's another material? Maybe someone took off the protective finish off of the metal with some cleaners leaving it open to oxidation?

If you show us some pics maybe that'll help <_<