Check Engine, Vsc And Vsc Off Lights On

98 GS 300...I know this item has been discussed in detail before but it seems all who had this problem has had something a little different from the rest going on. My problem...Check engine light came a few of days ago, quickly followed by the VSC and VSC Off lights a couple of days later. The car runs "normal for about 20 minutes and then begins to run ruff as if its going to shut off when stopped. As long as I'm moving by applying positive acceleration, it appears to run normal with no loss of power. Only when slowing or stopping does the car begin to run harsh and spit/sputter. Now I read everything from number 6 spark plug to throttle sensor to throttle motor control unit. I think what separates my problem is that I have no loss of power until slowing down or stopping and only after the car has been running for about 20 minutes...any takers on this one...

98 GS 300...I know this item has been discussed in detail before but it seems all who had this problem has had something a little different from the rest going on. My problem...Check engine light came a few of days ago, quickly followed by the VSC and VSC Off lights a couple of days later. The car runs "normal for about 20 minutes and then begins to run ruff as if its going to shut off when stopped. As long as I'm moving by applying positive acceleration, it appears to run normal with no loss of power. Only when slowing or stopping does the car begin to run harsh and spit/sputter. Now I read everything from number 6 spark plug to throttle sensor to throttle motor control unit. I think what separates my problem is that I have no loss of power until slowing down or stopping and only after the car has been running for about 20 minutes...any takers on this one...

Good afternoon, the similar thing happened to me this week. Car was laid up while I was in Virginia for a few days. Attempted to start my car and nothing happened. Did this for two consecutive days, and finally today she started up. This time, the check engine light is on, VSC Off and VSC lights on. Took her in and 13 codes showed up, shocking because I've never had any issues. Never the less, the dealer said I have a bad Solenoid C and bad starter. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person so I wish I could have done this myself but she's never let me down so a good fixin' want hurt me.

v/r

98 GS400 175,000

04 RX330 95,000

• 2 weeks later...

i had a similar problem to that and i still havent found the problem differnce now is mine now shakes and throttles at all times even on freeway :( the check engine light comes on and starts flashing, and the vsc and vsc off lights stay on, i havent had this problem till i came back from the movies, now i dont bother running it till i find out what the problem can be any takers?

or just say screw it and take it in?

save time and stress lol