Want To Avoid Tpms Cost On Snow Tires/new Rims - Rx350

I have a 2007 RX350.

I am considering getting a set of snow tires (with new rims) , but quite frankly, I want to avoid the cost of 4 tire pressure monitors for a set of tires that I will only use 3 to 4 months of the year.

The manual seems to be silent on the issue of not using tire pressure monitors. I know there is a switch in the glove compartment for a second set of tires.

If I decide to do without the sensors in the second set of tires, will I run into any problems such as a warning light that won't go off or a light that flashes continually? Do I need to set the glove compartment switch to the second setting?

Will the presence of a tire sensor in the spare tire only throw things off with the new set that does not have any?

I have a summer and winter set of rims/tires for my Rx400h (same as Rx350). I purchased a set of 4 uses tire pressure sensors from ebay for about $100, and had the dealer program (add) them. Now, all i need to do is press the button under the glovebox to toggle between each set whenever i switch rims/tires.

If you don't get a separate set of 4 sensors, you will get a yellow light in the gauge cluster that will go on after 20mins of driving each time you start it up. In my Rx400h, it actually beeped like crazy too, with a warning on the LCD. And the light in the dash is an LED fixed to the internal circuit board, so it's not like you can even take out the bulb...

I was forced to get the sensors and have the dealer program them (requires special computer). They charged me an hours labor, took about a half hour to do.

Also, make sure to write down the numbers on the new sensors to give to Lexus as they need the unique numbers to program.

And the dealer will program the spare sensor to be in both sets, so it won't cause any problems.

As soon as you have it done, you should be good to go :)