Vaistech Interface Stuck In "direct Access Mode"?

So on my 07gs350, my Vaistech interface is stuck in direct access mode. Direct access mode is all it says on the screen. the ipod works as normal; you can play any song from the interface on the ipod, and it will play through the cars speakers.

I want to go back to controlling it via the touchscreen on the dash. Lexus guys can't figure it out...

I am about to pull my hair out with the bad radio stations here...

Enable/Disable

press the SCAN button 8 times (within 1-2 seconds) “Simple mode”

You will hear a short beep.

This feature will allow you to control the iPod™manually. [Track+], [Track-] on your Head Unit will still select the desired

Track, but all other control can only be done through the iPod.

Playlist and track information will not be displayed on the head unit in “Simple mode”.

The unit will keep this mode in memory (even after vehicle ignition is turned OFF and back ON) until this mode is turned OFF (disabled).

I did my best to cut & paste from the VAIS manual. Every time you do the above, it switches modes. Somehow you got in the simple mode, now do the above to go back to the nav screen control. Hope this helps.

thank you in advance. I didn't get a manual with mine as I bought it used with 16k...

Enable/Disable

press the SCAN button 8 times (within 1-2 seconds) “Simple mode”

You will hear a short beep.

This feature will allow you to control the iPod™manually. [Track+], [Track-] on your Head Unit will still select the desired

Track, but all other control can only be done through the iPod.

Playlist and track information will not be displayed on the head unit in “Simple mode”.

The unit will keep this mode in memory (even after vehicle ignition is turned OFF and back ON) until this mode is turned OFF (disabled).

I did my best to cut & paste from the VAIS manual. Every time you do the above, it switches modes. Somehow you got in the simple mode, now do the above to go back to the nav screen control. Hope this helps.

So on my 07gs350, my Vaistech interface is stuck in direct access mode. Direct access mode is all it says on the screen. the ipod works as normal; you can play any song from the interface on the ipod, and it will play through the cars speakers.

I want to go back to controlling it via the touchscreen on the dash. Lexus guys can't figure it out...

I am about to pull my hair out with the bad radio stations here...

Oh dude, I feel your pain. Our radio stations in KC are terrible. 96.5 is okay and if you like acoustic rock 90.9 (not 90.1) is cool but the signal is unreliable. Did the Lexus dealership install your iPod interface?