Iphone

likesthetopdown

One possible solution is Vais Technology. It integrate players such as your iPhone into the audio system. The VAIS products are hard wired solutions that allow playback and steering wheel control of the audio. Our OEM antique radios are the limiting factor in functionality. Our radios don't show text though so I use my VAIS in "simple" mode. Simple mode allows me to use the iTouch to select playlists. The VAIS charges the iTouch while in use and automatically pauses when the car is turned off. I have the SL2i-UP in my '06 SC and it works fine with my iTouch. I have a Blackberry so I can't comment on the iPhone bluetooth. Another source is Parrot. The MKi9100 and MKi9200 are popular. Good Luck!

Will anyone share any good or bad experiences with devices that allow you to play songs from your iphone over the radio? Also, if you have an iphone, do you have any issues with the bluetooth working properly when in the car?

I have a Motorola Bluetooth device for my iPhone and it works perfectly in my 2003. I use a cassette adapter and play the iPhone's music using the Tape selector.

I tried one of those devices that convert the iPhone signal to an FM frequency you set your radio to, but found it was more trouble than it was worth because

the FM signal was interfered with by some radio stations in the area. The inexpensive cassette adapter (about $5.00) was the best solution for me.

If your radio has an AUX input then get the adapter cable and use that.

iom

One possible solution is Vais Technology. It integrate players such as your iPhone into the audio system. The VAIS products are hard wired solutions that allow playback and steering wheel control of the audio. Our OEM antique radios are the limiting factor in functionality. Our radios don't show text though so I use my VAIS in "simple" mode. Simple mode allows me to use the iTouch to select playlists. The VAIS charges the iTouch while in use and automatically pauses when the car is turned off. I have the SL2i-UP in my '06 SC and it works fine with my iTouch. I have a Blackberry so I can't comment on the iPhone bluetooth. Another source is Parrot. The MKi9100 and MKi9200 are popular. Good Luck!

Will anyone share any good or bad experiences with devices that allow you to play songs from your iphone over the radio? Also, if you have an iphone, do you have any issues with the bluetooth working properly when in the car?

Thanks so much for the replies! I am so challenged in this area and appreciate you sharing your experiences.

• 6 months later...