What Does The Steering Rack Soleniod Do? Mine Is Not Clicking!

90LS400Lexus

OP, whatever happened with this? Did your new solenoid cure the problem?
OP, whatever happened with this? Did your new solenoid cure the problem?

I am not sure he has put it on yet, it was raining yesterday.

check his other post on this..

ugh, no it didnt help it. :( My dad put it on there today since the weather was super nice (despite damaging winds). When I got home, I refilled with fluid and there is no change at all. Also one thing he had to do is cut the wires and swap the connection ends, because the solenoid off of the 1994 LS400 has a different electrical plug than the 1991 LS400. Strange.

Well, anyway, I know my old one was bad, because it was not clicking when powered up... this one does, but its not made a difference. I guess what I will do now is get the car in my grandpas garage tomorrow evening and get the reservoir off of the pump and clean that screen. If thats not it, the only things left is the actual pump is shot or the rack itself... both of which I cannot afford to replace, so I will have to sell it at a huge loss.

Thanks again Billy for the solenoid... it was worth a try... I was sure that was the problem. :(