Roof Rack Covers Rattle And Corrosion

jwillads

Has anyone had a problem with the covers on your roof rack rattling? Mine catch the wind on the highway and vibrate. I can pry them up with my hand and it feels like the catch is worn or something (like the battery cover of a remote control after it has been opened a lot). I have also noticed some corrosion on the roof rack. Would this be covered under warranty (2003 lx 470 with 99K)?

Thanks

Has anyone had a problem with the covers on your roof rack rattling? Mine catch the wind on the highway and vibrate. I can pry them up with my hand and it feels like the catch is worn or something (like the battery cover of a remote control after it has been opened a lot). I have also noticed some corrosion on the roof rack. Would this be covered under warranty (2003 lx 470 with 99K)?

Thanks

I would attribute the corrosion to where you live. I assume they use salt a lot on the roads there in Boston. And I have heard that they will not cover those sorts of problems. But you can always try. My 98 has no corrosion on it anywhere but it never snows here in the Houston, Texas area where the truck has spent its entire life. And nothing up there rattles.