Need Help! 2008 Lexus Gs350- Chrome Rim

bczech76

Hey all,

Any ideas where I can find a semi-inexpensive chrome, 5 spoke rim (Yokohama 245 18 93Y tire) for my 2008 GS 350? I have called every junk yard in AZ and nothing. I refuse to pay 1100 bucks at Lexus. Thoughts??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ebay, ebay, ebay :)

A few months ago i scored a new set of Rx400h wheels chromed WITH tires, for $1300 shipped. I wanted the OEM wheels just chromed, to keep the hybrid style.

I did the same thing with my old Rx300, found someone on ebay selling the factory wheels chromed for $600.

If you like the factory design, check out ebay for sure. There are a lot of companies on ebay from CA that strip the factory wheels and tripple chrome them.

At first i was hesitant because i didn't know if the chrome would last, but i put 3 years on the chrome set with the Rx300 and am pushing 2 months on the Rx00h wheels. No signs of pitting or peeling whatsoever.

The key is washing them weekly and keeping them away from snow and salt. Being in Rhode Island, i have a factory silver set i use in winter months and switch to the chrome set during summer. Since you're in AZ, you should be fine year round.

They also offer an "exchange" where you send in your factory set, pay $500 and they give you a chrome set. Might work for you since you don't need a factory silver set being down south.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-GS430...sQ5fAccessories

good luck! :)

ebay, ebay, ebay :)

A few months ago i scored a new set of Rx400h wheels chromed WITH tires, for $1300 shipped. I wanted the OEM wheels just chromed, to keep the hybrid style.

I did the same thing with my old Rx300, found someone on ebay selling the factory wheels chromed for $600.

If you like the factory design, check out ebay for sure. There are a lot of companies on ebay from CA that strip the factory wheels and tripple chrome them.

At first i was hesitant because i didn't know if the chrome would last, but i put 3 years on the chrome set with the Rx300 and am pushing 2 months on the Rx00h wheels. No signs of pitting or peeling whatsoever.

The key is washing them weekly and keeping them away from snow and salt. Being in Rhode Island, i have a factory silver set i use in winter months and switch to the chrome set during summer. Since you're in AZ, you should be fine year round.

They also offer an "exchange" where you send in your factory set, pay $500 and they give you a chrome set. Might work for you since you don't need a factory silver set being down south.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-GS430...sQ5fAccessories

good luck! :)

Thing is, I am only looking for one, not a whole set. Any thoughts?

oh yeah- find the auction where they offer the "trade" (chrome for factory silver), and email them about doing it for a single rim.

I had to do this last year because i scraped one chrome wheel on a curb, and had them trade my silver spare for another chrome one. They charged me $150.