Abs Engaged When Braking At Low Speed

vuman1

I just had the bearings on my 98 LS 400 changed out, but the problem now appears to be that the ABS engages when I brake at low spead (25-35 mph). The brakes work well but it is kind of annoying when the noise and vibrations come on as if the ABS system engages when I brake. No warning lights are on. Does someone know what's the problem or know whether there is a code that needs to be reset to get rid of the problem?

I just had the bearings on my 98 LS 400 changed out, but the problem now appears to be that the ABS engages when I brake at low spead (25-35 mph). The brakes work well but it is kind of annoying when the noise and vibrations come on as if the ABS system engages when I brake. No warning lights are on. Does someone know what's the problem or know whether there is a code that needs to be reset to get rid of the problem?

maybe speed sensor wasn't reinstalled properly so when you brake the ECU sees no speed signal from one axle and assumes the wheel is locked and goes into antilock mode (i.e. reduces braking to that wheel). Might be as simple as an unplugged cable or mis adjusted sensor.