Lx 470 '06 Cd Changer In Console Will Not Work

cdp4

Please help. My ML cd changer does not work. The DV

d player is in the back and works fine. However the CD player (in middle console) says "error" when I attempt to play a CD. Dealership wants to charge me $1,600.00 to replace. Any heroes out there?

d player is in the back and works fine. However the CD player (in middle console) says "error" when I attempt to play a CD. Dealership wants to charge me $1,600.00 to replace. Any heroes out there?

If it is a Pioneer system, you can send it to them for flat rate repair of $175. Call 1-800-PIONEER (1-800-746-6337). That's what they quoted me for a changer from a 2002 LX, but not ML. Otherwise, start doing some troubleshooting.

Did it suddenly fail one day? Had it been working on and off and now won't work? Did it get wet? Do you get the same message irrespective of # and location of inserted CDs? Have you tried different CDs?

If you can get the manufacturer model #, you may be able to get the manual on the system that should have error codes. Go to 911manuals.com for a list and pricing. I have a Pioneer XDV-M8106ZT DVD/CD Changer that shows the changer error codes.

Good Luck!

I'm having somewhat the same problem, but the issue is that I spilled juice inside the console. I was told to disconnect one of the batter cables and it will automatically reset the player. I did this and it did reset my device and allowed me to actually see the media on the navigation screen, but the CDs still did not play. I contribute that to me and the juice, but yours may be different. You may be successful when disconnecting and reconnecting one of the battery cables. The Lexus dealer here in Virginia told me that I could bring it in and the cost to replace the player would be $650 which includes labor. If I can not take the player out and fix it myself (nothing to lose), I'll break down and take it in and let them handle it. Hopefully, this helps you.