2002 Es 300 Steering Problem

lawnboy

about 5 months ago i was making a right hand turn soon after a heavy rain, I got the wheel turned about 1/3 of the way and it locked up. It wouldn't turn left or right. Luckily there was no traffic and i could still make the wide radius turn without a problem. As soon as I got around the corner, there was no problem. The steering was pack to normal. At first I thought maybe i had hydroplaned (at very slow speed?) Last week at the same intersection, it happened again. Same weather conditions with water on the road. Has this happened to anyone else? Power steering fluid is not leaking. Belts all look good and feel tight. Am I crazy? What do you guys think?

lol this is totally normal. when water gets on the power steering belt - it slips. i had it happen to me on another car, drove it through deep puddle and was about to turn and power steering suddenly disappeared for a few secs. i freaked out for a sec but then realised what the problem was.

you could try to reproduce this. just find a deep puddle .. ;)