Replacing Rear Windshield Wiper

Steve Wang

I have a 2004 RX 330 and trying to replace the rear windshield wiper. First, the wiper only lifts up about 2 inches, so getting a screwdriver in is difficult. Is there a latch that needs to be pressed to slide the wiper off? Or how do I raise the blade higher to remove?

I have a 2004 RX 330 and trying to replace the rear windshield wiper. First, the wiper only lifts up about 2 inches, so getting a screwdriver in is difficult. Is there a latch that needs to be pressed to slide the wiper off? Or how do I raise the blade higher to remove?

I haven't tried it, so cannot vouch on the method -- but remeber a thread previously where the advice was to remove the plastic cover (at the base of the wiper arm), and the wiper arm then can be lifted 'normally. The plastic part can be 'clicked on' thereafter. Good luck!

I have the same year and model RX330. I had the same problem with my rear wiper and was very frustrated when trying to wash the car since the wiper wouldnt move. One day I forgot it didn't come up and gave it a good tug. Something went snap, and I thought I had broken it. However, I had only loosened or broke whatever was holding the dang thing down. It now goes all the way up for cleaning, but still works fine. This probably doesn't help, but I wanted to share it with you.