Sunroof Electrical Problem

patrikrask

Hi,

I've problems with the sunroof of my Rx400H.

My battery went dead once and after that the automatic opening and closing of the sunroff doesn't work. I need to press the switch all the time and release it exactly when th roof is closed.

Any ideas?

Hi,

My battery went dead once and after that the automatic opening and closing of the sunroff doesn't work. I need to press the switch all the time and release it exactly when th roof is closed.

Any ideas?

I had the same issue with the 'tilt' of the sunroof on my new RX350 (it would close and re-open). I knew I would be taking it to the dealer, so I thought I would try all combinations.... Raised it to 'tilt' and then 'opened' the sunroof and closed it. Weirdly (it must be a 'reset' procedure of sorts), the sunroof now works perfectly in all functions.... Or, if you don't feel like trying that, I would call the dealer and ask the procedure to 'reset' the sunroof.

Hi,

Any ideas?

Borrowed from another thread.

With the ignition in the on position, push and hold the sunroof tilt button. The sunroof will tilt open, tilt closed, slide open and slide closed. Then you may release the tilt button and the sunroof will be reset.

Might have to cycle the windows up and down a few times to reset them too.