Just A Thank You Note.....

justinterested

I purchased a 1995 Lexus LS400 last April for $3500.00. Has 115,000 miles and very few maintenance records. I am the third owner. Since the purchase, I have accomplished the following:

Timing belt, water pump, front crank shaft sheal, idler pulley, thermastat & drive belts.

Change plugs, wires, dist caps and rotors

Clean the throttle body

replace the cabin A/C filter

Installed new front & rear brake pads

installed an optima battery

Rad fllushed

serviced transmission & filter

replace pcv valve

replaced lower ball joints

4 wheel alignment (toyota dealer)

I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea. i was able to accomplish all of this using information available from this forum..All of the information was dead-on correct and I cannot thank you enough. I used OEM parts in all cases and was able to obtain them at the various suppliers that have been identified on this site. Almost every item discussed goes on a 2-do list to be checked out and/or repaired.

Again, thanks to all of you..

I purchased a 1995 Lexus LS400 last April for $3500.00. Has 115,000 miles and very few maintenance records. I am the third owner. Since the purchase, I have accomplished the following:

Timing belt, water pump, front crank shaft sheal, idler pulley, thermastat & drive belts.

Change plugs, wires, dist caps and rotors

Clean the throttle body

replace the cabin A/C filter

Installed new front & rear brake pads

installed an optima battery

Rad fllushed

serviced transmission & filter

replace pcv valve

replaced lower ball joints

4 wheel alignment (toyota dealer)

I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea. i was able to accomplish all of this using information available from this forum..All of the information was dead-on correct and I cannot thank you enough. I used OEM parts in all cases and was able to obtain them at the various suppliers that have been identified on this site. Almost every item discussed goes on a 2-do list to be checked out and/or repaired.

Again, thanks to all of you..

Glad you found needed help here! Its a good site! :)

Yeah, the belts are good... my 2000 Tundra had 109K on the belt, 90K was the interval and it was 7 years old. My dad had me beat though... his 1988 Nissan V6 truck had 198K on the original timing belt! :o My uncle had bought it new and never changed the belt! Dad bought it and changed the belt at once! ;)