Really Bad Vibration When Braking. Reaplced All Rotors/pads - Problem

rlx101

The car shakes pretty badly when braking at any speed.

The whole body vibrates, stiring wheel vibrates very little.

Feels like vibration is coming from the rear end.

We replaced rear rotors and pads (they were worn unevenly) but

the problems still persists!! Front rotors and pads were replaced

last year because of this same problem but it was not this bad back then.

After Replacing front pads/rotors the car still vibrated a little when braking.

Rear bearings feel and sound smooth when taken out, no unusual noises, feel solid.

But i must note that When you put the bearing back on and rotate it

there is a bit of weird sound coming from it. I added a bit of grease to the

bearing and sound disappeared..

other notes: ABS light is on because when we replaced front left wheel hub

last year we damaged the ABS sensor and never put a new one in.

the old one was put back in but its not functioning hence the light is on.

the car is '95 ES300 with close to 170kmiles on it. the suspension is mostly

original i believe.

Any ideas what to do next?? What is causing this shaking problem?

did you change your brake fluid and bleed the brake system completely out of air?

sometimes the air trap inside the system can give you the pulse/vibration during braking.

it's a good idea to change/flush brake system once every now and then to remove all the dirt in the fluid and give it fresh fluid. old fluid absorbs a lot of water overtime.

no, i did not, because i did not introduce any air into the system during these repairs. the brakes operate fine as far as stopping power is concerned, just the whole car vibrates. but you are right its a good idea to replace the fluid in general.

what bugs me is that after replacing rear rotors/pads i did not see much improvement. even though old pads (and rotors i assume, although i did not measure the run out) were worn unevenly.

the car drives straight, you can literally let the steering wheel go on highway and it will keep going straight for a long time.

did you change your brake fluid and bleed the brake system completely out of air?

sometimes the air trap inside the system can give you the pulse/vibration during braking.

it's a good idea to change/flush brake system once every now and then to remove all the dirt in the fluid and give it fresh fluid. old fluid absorbs a lot of water overtime.

found this:

Q: Why does car shake when applying brakes even though front and rear brakes rotors and drums were replaced shakes when pulling emergency brake as well bearings and tires are good?

A: Good question. You may have an antilock brake circuit that is not sensing the brakes correctly and improperly correcting. Anti lock pulses the brakes when you apply them. I don't know if this is perfected or not.

So i will try to pull ABS fuse (btw, anyone knows the location?) to disable ABS system and see if braking behavior changes..

i am not sure how to check vacuum hoses for the entire car..

check the vacuum hoses for the entire car. .

may be a leaking hose? or hydraulic loosing vacuum?

.. i cant remove the ABS fuse! looked up the diagram its in the junction block 2, fuse #14 (60A). its a square little block which i tried to pull but it wouldnt come out.. is there a trick to remove these??