High Level Of Co At Nj Inspection

sal5674

Welcome

Please remember to tell folks the model/mileage and anything "special" about your SC.

The bad news: you can probably pass with new catalytic converters, I bet yours are worn out, especially if you have a 92. But these cost $$$ so don't take my word for it. Consult your regular mechanic or a NJ licensed emissions service mechanic.

Good news: Check with your state, there is probably a provision for "over certain amount for emissions and you can get a waiver" like MA and CT (which also copy CA emissions). In MA, it's something like $600. Which I believe is enough for one cat, LOL.

My mother in law failed from this as well with her Ford exploder... new cats and it passed.

Duh,,,,,,,,,Great thinking Graham!!! What a dope I am!! Without the info, you'll need esp to help. OK, lets do this right. I have a '93 sc400 with 225,000 miles, timing belt changed at 135,000 miles and probably due to change again. I've decided to try (again) this stuff I saw in an autoparts store called "gauranteed to pass", it worked before after 2 applications, but I would have liked to actually fix the issue, however, I found out the cats will cost $1600.00 without the labor and thats not the problem for sure. I also heard o2 sensors, mass air flow sensor, also quite costly, and again, not for sure the issue. The problem is, I'm not sure how much longer the car will last, I don't want to put a fortune into it and have the car drop dead after I do.

Thanks for waking me up, any and all advise is greatly appreciated.

Sal