Need Help With Stereo Wiring

Hey LOC,

I got a little issue with my stereo and need some assistance. Whomever owned the car prior to me prob got an aftermarket headunit did a shotty job and spliced the wires that comes out the car's end (speakers, ground, yellow, red, brown wires etc) so there's no plug to plug into the head unit. They also cut the other plug on the headunit's side as well so I can't connect the wires unless I manually wire them together with electrical tape. I don't mind doing the latter if someone can post detailed instructions as to which wires I need to tape together for the time being.

97 ES300 stereo with cd changer in the glove

IMG_8819.jpg

Harness from stereo

IMG_8824.jpg

this is what it looks like on the other end of the harness: Is that silver looking thing supposed to be a wire? It looks like a sheath that someone twisted into a wire.

IMG_8826.jpg

IMG_8827.jpg

I'm trying to connect those wires to this:

IMG_8833.jpg

IMG_8834.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg

Someone gave me a diagram last year but it looked gibberish to me so I'm asking for more assistance, specifically what color wires from the harness connects to wires from the dash. I know this can be time consuming to whomever decides to help me with this so I am willing to put $20 into your PayPal account for your troubles. Thanks for your time.

• 2 months later...

im trying to put an aftermarket stereo in my ls400, and it looks as if the plug going into the back of the radio looks pretty similar..

from what i know, the blue w/yellow stripe is your hot wire, and the brown wire in the bottom left is your ground.

im not sure if that helped but thats all i know