Window Off Track

jow

I may have closed the door using the window which is something I definitely try to avoid doing. The car is a 1994 Lexus ES300 with 92000 miles. I tried searching on here but kept coming up with the words were too short or whatever. The other windows work fine and I am able to pull the window up and it seals okay but in the heat the tape or whatever get soft and the window goes down and try to keep water etc. from getting in.

jow

JOW,

You've probably popped or broken the rollers off that are attached to the glass and follow the window channel up and down. Or the scissor mechanism that moves the glass has popped out of its channel or broken off. Regardless, you won't know for sure until the inner door panel is removed and you can take a look. Something has either come disconnected or it has broken.

Unless you are mechanically inclined and an avid DIYer, you are best to leave it to a service shop, and not necessarily a Lexus dealer. If parts are broken it may be prudent to find used ones from a wrecking yard, and even check to see if the same generation of Camry window parts wouldn't be interchangeable and less expensive. Good Luck!