Rx400h Rear Entertainment System

Hi All

The issue I am trying to resolve is this: I imported a 2006 RX400h from the US to France, and I would like to get european DVDs to play in the back. The car has a factory installed ceiling-mounted rear entertainment system. There seem to be 2 options:

1. Find out if there is a way to change regions without disassembling the unit. This would be great!

2. Disassemble the unit and try to reprogram the DVD player unit with a PC. I am happy to attempt this except I have no clue how to disassemble it. There are no visible screws, and I don't want to start sticking screwdrivers in to see if it breaks or not. Has anyone taken their rear entertainment system to bits?

Thanks in advance.

All the best

Jim

Jim. I think this subject has been discussed on the forum. Try the search option.

Tom

Hi Tom. The search isn't working too well for me, I either get irrelevant or empty responses, or my own post being returned, and the word DVD falling into the '3 letters or less' category doesn't help. If you can remember anything about these other posts, keywords or any other pointers, I would be hugely grateful. Sorry if I am being dim.

There are tantalising reference to a 'secret menu' in the rear entertainment system but I have had no luck following this up either I am sorry to say.

Thanks

Jim