Bluetooth Problems With Iphone 3.0 Update

I have a 2008 Lexus GS and an iPhone 3G.

With version 2.X of the iphone software, handsfree, phonebook transfer, auto connect all worked great. The only thing that didn't work was playing voicemail over the handsfree-it just didnt play.

I upgraded to version 3.0 of the software and the voicemail playback issue has been solved. The problem, however, is that now the phone doesn't always auto-connect to the handsfree. It seems to connect now about 25% of the time and when it doesn't, the only way to connect seems to be to delete the device on my phone and re-pair it manually (which, of course, can't be done while moving).

Does anyone else have version 3.0 issues with Lexus Handsfree? Is there a solution that anyone has come up with? Is there a way to advise Apple of the problem?

Thanks

I have a 2008 Lexus GS and an iPhone 3G.

With version 2.X of the iphone software, handsfree, phonebook transfer, auto connect all worked great. The only thing that didn't work was playing voicemail over the handsfree-it just didnt play.

I upgraded to version 3.0 of the software and the voicemail playback issue has been solved. The problem, however, is that now the phone doesn't always auto-connect to the handsfree. It seems to connect now about 25% of the time and when it doesn't, the only way to connect seems to be to delete the device on my phone and re-pair it manually (which, of course, can't be done while moving).

Does anyone else have version 3.0 issues with Lexus Handsfree? Is there a solution that anyone has come up with? Is there a way to advise Apple of the problem?

Thanks

I have an original iPhone (2G) that has the 3.0 OS version. I have not had any problems with the phone connecting to the car via Bluetooth - auto connect works fine, every time. I have not tried to sync the phone book which it sounds like you have done. Any chance the phone and car are trying to synchronize the phone book and it is causing it to fail on auto-connect?