Only View Dvd Movies On My Head Unit In Park?please Help With Bypass

hi everyone i have a audio/video question.i recently bought a cd/dvd unit with a 3.6 inch lcd screen.now i know theres a way to bypass the whole only watching movies in park thing.which i believe is very smart.just dont want that function. the screen is a little too small for me to watch anything anyway.but id like to bypass this,ive heard something about grounding the brake wire on the harness.can anyone help me with your expertise on exactly how to do this.if its complicated i wont even bother.please help thank you

• 2 months later...

hi everyone i have a audio/video question.i recently bought a cd/dvd unit with a 3.6 inch lcd screen.now i know theres a way to bypass the whole only watching movies in park thing.which i believe is very smart.just dont want that function. the screen is a little too small for me to watch anything anyway.but id like to bypass this,ive heard something about grounding the brake wire on the harness.can anyone help me with your expertise on exactly how to do this.if its complicated i wont even bother.please help thank you

Not 100% positive on your question, but I will give it my best shot......Just from my experience, my aftermarket unit has a pop up touch screen and DVD player in it also, Check the wires coming out of the back of the aftermarket head unit. Mine has a pink wire that MUST be grounded before I can watch dvd's as I drive. I didn't use the parking ground like the manual said .... I was able to ground it to ANY ground and it worked perfectly. (I grounded the wire to a screw right below the shifter) Give that a shot and hopefully it works for you!