Auto Locking/unlocking Doors

Alright hello everyone im new on the forum. I tried searching for this question's answer and i couldn't find it.

Problem

I own a 2006 Rx400h. Every time i put the transmission into drive/reverse the doors lock. This is a good function which i like. But when i pull over and i put the transmission into park all the doors unlock. Not something i want done automatically. Is it possible to turn off the auto unlocking door function as i put the car into Park?

Btw: I am a new owner of Lexus. My very first one, Ive always wanted a Lexus Rx and im in love with the car.

Alright hello everyone im new on the forum. I tried searching for this question's answer and i couldn't find it.

Problem

I own a 2006 Rx400h. Every time i put the transmission into drive/reverse the doors lock. This is a good function which i like. But when i pull over and i put the transmission into park all the doors unlock. Not something i want done automatically. Is it possible to turn off the auto unlocking door function as i put the car into Park?

Btw: I am a new owner of Lexus. My very first one, Ive always wanted a Lexus Rx and im in love with the car.

You can have the doors unlock when the key is removed from the ignition and/or the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ACC or LOCK position.

The instructions are in your owner's manual (a fountain of knowledge) on page 44/45. If you don't have an owner's manual, I'll expand on this answer.

One thing I can suggest to you is that you need to very specific in the 5 second count to enable or disable any of the locking features. Easiest thing to do after you hold down the door lock button is to count 5 flashes of the : in the clock display then release the button. You may want to check the sticky above titled "...neat little tricks..." which also goes over the procedure.