Cost Of Replacing 02 Rx 300 Door Locks And Keys

nadir

Somebody broke into our house and along with other stuff, he took our Lexus 2002 RX 300 keys. We are now unable to get inside our car but AAA guy came and disabled the starter. Question is, How much it will cost to get the new keys? and not only keys, we also have to change all the door locks as well. What is the process and how much it will cost all together if we go to a lexus dealer? and or any other cheaper alternative?

Please give me the approximate cost, if you can.

Thank you so much for reading.

A Lexus dealer can cut another master/remote from the VIN--that will get you in the car but won't prevent theft. Can the tumblers in the key locks be changed and can Lexus change the codes in the computer? Will you home insurance pay for the change--after all, your security was stolen. Not much help, but good luck!

A Lexus dealer can cut another master/remote from the VIN--that will get you in the car but won't prevent theft. Can the tumblers in the key locks be changed and can Lexus change the codes in the computer? Will you home insurance pay for the change--after all, your security was stolen. Not much help, but good luck!

Thanks Joe for your valuable input. I spoke with local lexus dealer and they are suggesting changing the locks and a new computer (which they need to get it shipped from CA) and estimated cost of $2000+.

Thanks Joe for your valuable input. I spoke with local lexus dealer and they are suggesting changing the locks and a new computer (which they need to get it shipped from CA) and estimated cost of $2000+.

Hopefully your homeowners your insurance will cover the cost. On the other hand, $2K will buy a whole lot of theft insurance--but zero piece of mind. Good luck

Someone broke into another of our cars and stole a bag which contained keys to the house and also the RX300. We replaced/re-keyed all locks. The Lexus bill was, like your dealer stated, in excess of $2,000 but this was taken of by the car insurance. [since I also have car theft insurance, it was their call as to whether to risk losing the car or payoing the $2K. They paid.]

try http://www.keylessride.com/

I used them before and they were very good with instructions on how to program the new remote/key. I costed me around 200 for 2 sets of keys for a Nissan Maxima. Good Luck.

Somebody broke into our house and along with other stuff, he took our Lexus 2002 RX 300 keys. We are now unable to get inside our car but AAA guy came and disabled the starter. Question is, How much it will cost to get the new keys? and not only keys, we also have to change all the door locks as well. What is the process and how much it will cost all together if we go to a lexus dealer? and or any other cheaper alternative?

Please give me the approximate cost, if you can.

Thank you so much for reading.