1993 Ls400 (ucf11) Headlight Assembly, Window Question

trez_doz

hi, i just wanted to ask how to remove the headlight assembly because i'm trying to change OEM bulbs to aftermarket bulbs because there's barely any difference at night time driving. And my window makes that screeching sound when i try to put it up and when i put it down, it sometimes stops somewhere in between or right after it opens a little bit up on top. any help or pictures will be very helpful because i've been trying to figure out how but i always get stuck at a dead end.

Hi,

To remove the headlight assy 1st lift the hood, you then need to remove the sidelight assy,look at the top of the sidelight assy and you will see a black plastic clip which is screws into the the top front edge of the fender,remove the screw and slightly lift up the black tab,grip the sidelight assy firmly and pull hard ( it is held in by plastic retainers and can be very tight but I haven't broken one yet by pulling very hard.

Look here.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1993_LEXU...EPGKA_8104.html

Once this is out you can get to the headlight fastening bolts shown in the link below,remove these and carefully manoevere the headlight out then you can get to the bulbs.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1993_LEXU...EPGKA_8101.html

Do not touch the bulb glass with your fingers when fitting as it will shorten the life of the bulb.

As for the window try some silicone type spray into the window guide channels but avoid getting it on the glass.

thanks steve. ive been looking for those kinds of pictures and i don't know what keyword to use. anyway, i'll try to do what you said about the windows so to make them stop screeching, overall thank you for the info and the explanation as well