2000 Es300 Starts But Immediately Dies

melank

I have a Lexus ES300 that starts just fine, but immediately dies unless you keep your foot on the gas. My independent mechanic has spent a couple of hours running diagnostic tests, but the car isn't "throwing" any codes. Anyone have any suggestions/thoughts? I just had the 150,000 mile service about a month ago and everything was fine. This is the first major problem I've had with the car.

I have a Lexus ES300 that starts just fine, but immediately dies unless you keep your foot on the gas. My independent mechanic has spent a couple of hours running diagnostic tests, but the car isn't "throwing" any codes. Anyone have any suggestions/thoughts? I just had the 150,000 mile service about a month ago and everything was fine. This is the first major problem I've had with the car.

You are on the RX forum. On the RX this would be the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV). I am pretty sure the ES is the same. Here is the cleaning procedure:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=30723