Nav Update Questions

normr

I have a 2006 RX 330, I beleive it's a generation 4 system, I see there are updates available for purchase, but what exactly will this new DVD do for me? Will it update the system to the newer look like my brother has in his 2007 RX 350? His nav lets him input the address by voice, I can't do that on mine and I'm hoping this update will add this feature along with the newer maps.

So if someone would please explain what I'll get for the $295 update. And if there is a better place to purchase please let me know. If you could please email me where to get the best deal.

Thanks

Norm

normr@mac.com

Norm,

The map update DVD will not add any new features to your nav system. It won't change the look, and it won't allow you to input the address by voice.

The only thing that the DVD does is change the map data. That is, it adds new subdivisions, roads, points of interest etc to your map database. If you are currently satisfied with the nav, I would suggest save your $300 and wait another 1 or 2 years before upgrading.