Ecm Fuse Location

bokaj

I have an 01 ES300, the check engine/trac off lights are on. My gas cap was loose (and from reading other posts) i'm hoping this was the problem. I need to reset the engine light now and was told to remove the ECM Fuse, turn car on start to drain any residule power, replace fuse and see if light comes back on. I've checked three different fuse boxes under the hood and can't find one that is listed as the ECM. If anyone knows where the fuse is located it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bokaj,

The other way to do the same thing is to pull the battery cable and leave it off overnight. That'll kill any residual power in the system (it's required to fire the airbags in an accident if the battery were somehow cut out of the system). It'll reset your computer. Be sure to copy down your radio station presets and your radio theft code (if so equipped) before you disconnect the battery, or the radio will be unuseable afterwards until the correct code is input. Good Luck!