Gx470 Repair Estimate Help

speedknight02

My wife banged our 2004 GX, and the initial estimate for the damage was $2200. The passeger side mirror needs to be replaced, as well as the running board on the same side (yes she REALLY messed it up lol). Also, some body work needs to be done on the passenger side front and some of the rear panel. We don't have collision coverage, so after I explained this to the mechanic, he offered to drop the estimate down to $1800. I have no idea if this is fair, ripoff, etc. Anyone on here know enough by the sparse info provided to help me make a decision? Haven't taken the car to other places, because this guy is supposed to do a good job.

Seems fair to me. A few years ago I was sideswiped in my LX470 and the entire passenger side of the truck had to be repainted and front fender replaced. Cost was $2300.00 to fix. Seems as if you need about the same parts replaced. Though the LX is a little bit bigger.