(1)loose Sc400 Shifter Lever (2) Driver Seat Roller

(1) Have noticed that the auto trans. selector/shifter lever seems to be getting looser; is there a way to tighten it up? Seems to me that I have seen this addressed here before, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe, it was covered in how to remove the console to get to something else? (2) Noticed that my drivers seat is a little loose and also rocking a little; and it seems to be lower to the left side and rear. Found a little roller (looks like a little dumb bell with flat roller ends, laying on the floor in the back seat, so I assume that it has come out of the power seat assembly/mechanism. Is this fixable? I assume that I will have to remove the seat and disconnect the seat control wire snap assemblies - anyone had to do this repair before? Thanks, dg.

(1) Have noticed that the auto trans. selector/shifter lever seems to be getting looser; is there a way to tighten it up?

(2) Noticed that my drivers seat is a little loose and also rocking a little; and it seems to be lower to the left side and rear. Found a little roller (looks like a little dumb bell with flat roller ends, laying on the floor in the back seat...

(1) There's a screw/fastener on the shift lever:

- set ignition to accessory (engine off / radio on)

- set e-brake

- select first gear

- pull up on the spring-loaded sheath

- the fastener is in the front (it is allen key or philips)

(2) If you search for the Lexus manual in the forums you can download the PDF, and the seat is actually called out part-by-part for factory service. This is a LOT easier than trying to take the seat apart for the first time. Plus, there is a chance that you only need a snap-clip from the local hardware-store to retain that dolly-wheel on its axle. But if the axle is broken you need a new seat. There's always the option to get used seats from the salvage yard!

BTW when I re-upholstered my seats, I found the front buckets are all welded together- while the butt-seat is removable, the back-rest and lower frame are all integrated and welded, probably to retain integrity in the event of a crash.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(1) Have noticed that the auto trans. selector/shifter lever seems to be getting looser; is there a way to tighten it up? Seems to me that I have seen this addressed here before, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe, it was covered in how to remove the console to get to something else? (2) Noticed that my drivers seat is a little loose and also rocking a little; and it seems to be lower to the left side and rear. Found a little roller (looks like a little dumb bell with flat roller ends, laying on the floor in the back seat, so I assume that it has come out of the power seat assembly/mechanism. Is this fixable? I assume that I will have to remove the seat and disconnect the seat control wire snap assemblies - anyone had to do this repair before? Thanks, dg.

** If you mean the shift lever itself, the plastic cover at the base can be gently pushed down with a flat blade screwdriver or other object and will reveal 2 screws that hold the shift lever in place, one or both of the screws may be loose. I had to remove it while replacing the CCU LCD, that's probbably where you've seen it before.