Sirius Radio Install?

Hello everyone. I want Sirius radio in my 2008 400h. However I will NOT pay for the $800 dealer install. I currently have a Sirius car kit I got at Radio Shack. I also have an Ipod adapter in the glove box. What would be the best way to install this thing? It there a way to wire it through the car's display screen? Perhaps there is an adaptor for the iPod connector to allow it to plug into the Sirius radio? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I had a Sirius S50 portable unit with a car adapter that I wanted to install in my RX400h (too cheap to pay Lexus for a new unit). I used the Sirius FM Direct Adapter to wire it into the back of the RX400h's radio unit. It connects to the antenna input of the radio and plays on an FM channel (very good sound quality). It is about a 20 min job pulling the dash apart to get at the back of the radio (the directions are on this web site as I recall). I mounted the Sirius unit in the glove compartment and control it with the remote control.

It is not perfect. It doesn't work with the screen. It plays Sirius radio though and it didn't cost me $800. I am content with it.

I had a Sirius S50 portable unit with a car adapter that I wanted to install in my RX400h (too cheap to pay Lexus for a new unit). I used the Sirius FM Direct Adapter to wire it into the back of the RX400h's radio unit. It connects to the antenna input of the radio and plays on an FM channel (very good sound quality). It is about a 20 min job pulling the dash apart to get at the back of the radio (the directions are on this web site as I recall). I mounted the Sirius unit in the glove compartment and control it with the remote control.

It is not perfect. It doesn't work with the screen. It plays Sirius radio though and it didn't cost me $800. I am content with it.

I didn't want to pay Lexus $800 either for Sirius so I went to a local Stereo shop here in Southern California and for $300, they installed a tuner that hooks up to the Lexus radio and I can control everything right through the radio. Works great.