Rear Door Opening

Just got a 2010 RX350. Does anyone know if there is a way to limit how high the rear door/hatch opens. It's just hitting my garage door?

I had the same problem with my 09RX350. I changed garage spot. Other thaqn moving, an alternative is to open the hatch door 'manually', i.e. by clicking on the back handle and restraining the speed of the 'up' movement (though it still goes as high), and putting something on the garage door (for me: beam) that protects the hatch from damage.

I had the same problem. I went to Home Depot and bought 2 inch insulation for 3/4 inch hot water pipe. I then raised my garage door and put the insulation on the support strut that my lift gate was hitting.

Lenny

I had the same problem. I went to Home Depot and bought 2 inch insulation for 3/4 inch hot water pipe. I then raised my garage door and put the insulation on the support strut that my lift gate was hitting.

Lenny

The problem I had (and resolved) was that - using the power button for the door - the door would immediately come down as soon as it touched anything on the way up. So, until I changed garage spot, I used the 'manual' clicker above the license plate.

Lenny

The problem I had (and resolved) was that - using the power button for the door - the door would immediately come down as soon as it touched anything on the way up. So, until I changed garage spot, I used the 'manual' clicker above the license plate.

Mine hits it at the top so it doesn't trigger the automatic closing.

lenny