Want To Instail New Sub In Trunk

hey my aunt gave me a 92' sc300 for my birthday and i want to put a sub in the trunk. i know the car allready has an amp but idont know what its for. do you have to bypass it or can you go throught it to power the sub. ive been to 3 different speaker stores and got 3 different awnsers but they all say its a pain to wire is this true?so now im asking you guys. has anyonehere every put subs in my kind of car? if so tell me how you did it or how much it cost for instoling it

• 2 weeks later...
hey my aunt gave me a 92' sc300 for my birthday and i want to put a sub in the trunk. i know the car allready has an amp but idont know what its for. do you have to bypass it or can you go throught it to power the sub. ive been to 3 different speaker stores and got 3 different awnsers but they all say its a pain to wire is this true?so now im asking you guys. has anyonehere every put subs in my kind of car? if so tell me how you did it or how much it cost for instoling it

just go to walmart and purchase a scosche wiring harness for a 1991 toyota supra and install a cd deck or a monitor style reciever in place of the factory radio unit and fit what you can in the trunk. if you use this wiring harness from scosche, it will allow you to keep your factory speaker and back dashboard sub and the factory amp in the passenger side trunk floor. if the factory speakers aren't dry rotted or damaged and sound terrible, i would change them out. thats were the real drama begins. B)

• 2 months later...

just go to walmart and purchase a scosche wiring harness for a 1991 toyota supra and install a cd deck or a monitor style reciever in place of the factory radio unit and fit what you can in the trunk. if you use this wiring harness from scosche, it will allow you to keep your factory speaker and back dashboard sub and the factory amp in the passenger side trunk floor. if the factory speakers aren't dry rotted or damaged and sound terrible, i would change them out. thats were the real drama begins. B)

........yes please!!!! While you are at it do yourself a favor a change out the back speakers like he said...... :angry: It would have saved me time... I suggest to do so yourself!