07 Rx350 With A Few Questions...

I will start off with, this is my wife's ride that she bought new in 07 and its about do for some upgrades...especially after test driving the 2010. She likes the one she has, but wants it to ride like the 2010. To the best of my knowledge, '10 had the suspension redesigned along with some wider tires. Does anyone know what options I have to get this to handle more sporty...tires are shot, so thats my first item. I have the 18's so I just want to replace the tires...any suggestions as far as width/sidewall dimensions (ex: 245/50), instead of the standard size (235/55). Along with anyones opinions on brands. I also was thinking that maybe a stiffer sway bar would help, thats if theres any available. Thanks!

I will start off with, this is my wife's ride that she bought new in 07 and its about do for some upgrades...especially after test driving the 2010. She likes the one she has, but wants it to ride like the 2010. To the best of my knowledge, '10 had the suspension redesigned along with some wider tires. Does anyone know what options I have to get this to handle more sporty...tires are shot, so thats my first item. I have the 18's so I just want to replace the tires...any suggestions as far as width/sidewall dimensions (ex: 245/50), instead of the standard size (235/55). Along with anyones opinions on brands. I also was thinking that maybe a stiffer sway bar would help, thats if theres any available. Thanks!

Can't really help much except to note that the 2010 no longer has rear strut suspension, and also that tire circumference equivalency can be found through the site:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Generally speaking, it is assumed that a higher aspect ratio (e.g. going from 55 to 60) provides more comfort but less feel of control. The obverse is that going from 55 aspect ratio to 50 provides more direct feel, but less 'comfortable' ride. -- I have a 09Rx350 with 18" rims and Michelin Energy 55 tires, and I leave them at 33 lbs/sq.in. pressure. By modifying the tire pressures, you can modify the feel of the suspension and 'mushiness'.

Tirerack.com has pretty good reviews of tires by users, and they usually comment on all aspects.

I believe the RX330/350 already have sway bars both front and rear. To alter the characterisitics, a thicker sway bar rear would make the car more prone to skid from the rear, and inversely. It would also make the car less comfortable.

Good luck!