Driver Side Power Seat

earlyx

I need help please, my 1999 LS400 has delvoped a driver seat problem. Randomly on warm days and sometimes at night, the seat reclines and drops as i am driving. This happens usually in rush hour traffic when i'm on the expressway and seems to be getting worse as time goes on. The crazy part is how random this occurs and while i have both hands on the steering wheel. Any advice would be appreciated. earlyx

I need help please, my 1999 LS400 has delvoped a driver seat problem. Randomly on warm days and sometimes at night, the seat reclines and drops as i am driving. This happens usually in rush hour traffic when i'm on the expressway and seems to be getting worse as time goes on. The crazy part is how random this occurs and while i have both hands on the steering wheel. Any advice would be appreciated. earlyx

I am not an expert but check the harness in the trunk-driver's side.

A lot of strange things are happening due to wear and tear in the trunk wires.

Just a thought. :huh: :huh:

Best

Chris

thats not good my friend. when it does this when you are driving are you able to overide it with the manual controls?? it shouldnt be a memory setting issue as that should be de-activated while the car is out of Park. has any liquid been spilled around the seat or console area like coke or tea?? it wouldnt take much liquid to soak into wire connections. it definately sounds like a short of somekind when all the systems are warmed up. hope you find the issue soon....i know that's aggravating. <_<