Is300 Cd Changer Problem

eswint2010

I was cleaning my car and i accidentally pushed a button on the cd player and it started saying error 3 no matter what i did so i decided to unhook the battery and hook it back up. Now it works but it dosnt show that any cd's are in and wont eject or put any new ones in. it had 6 in it when i unhooked the battery. Any ideas anyone??

• 2 weeks later...

I was cleaning my car and i accidentally pushed a button on the cd player and it started saying error 3 no matter what i did so i decided to unhook the battery and hook it back up. Now it works but it dosnt show that any cd's are in and wont eject or put any new ones in. it had 6 in it when i unhooked the battery. Any ideas anyone??

This happended to me and also my friend who has an IS. Mine is also a 2001. This is the second time I have had to replace the disc changer and they want me to pay for labor. I think they should stand behind their cars and replace these obviously malfunctioning units!

• 2 weeks later...

This happended to me and also my friend who has an IS. Mine is also a 2001. This is the second time I have had to replace the disc changer and they want me to pay for labor. I think they should stand behind their cars and replace these obviously malfunctioning units!

The six disc changer unit in the IS 300 is just junk. There is absolutely no other way to put it. it it the first thing that went out in my is300 too. I replaced it with a high end Clarion cd player and had no other problems. The IS300 can be a real pain to do this in, as the factory unit has an amplifier built into the dash. I did the complete sound system rewire and replaced all speaker with aftermarket at the same time.

Sorry, but there is no better option than replacement in my opinion 6.gif