Hp On 3.0

Hello,

How much HP in a 97 ES300 engine? (1MZFE)

I drove my other 02 camry V6 (1MZFE), and it feels like more power with the same engine.(1MZFE)

I drove the 09 Camry I4, and it also feels like more power.

I maintain my car well. Is something wrong with my Lexus or is it just aging (353K)?

Please advise.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

How much HP in a 97 ES300 engine? (1MZFE)

I drove my other 02 camry V6 (1MZFE), and it feels like more power with the same engine.(1MZFE)

I drove the 09 Camry I4, and it also feels like more power.

I maintain my car well. Is something wrong with my Lexus or is it just aging (353K)?

Please advise.

The '97 ES has a 200HP engine w/214 ft. lbs. of torque. The 02 Camry has only 196HP w/209 ft. lbs. of torque.... They both weigh relatively the same, so your Lex is faster. It's possible because of the upgraded dampeners in the ES compared to the Camry, the ES seems slower. (I.e. You can't really feel the speed.)

Also...what type of gas do you put into the car? Before FedEx murdered my '96 ES, I would only put premium in the tank and I fitted Michelin Primacy's or Exalto's (I fluctuate between the two...) on him. For 188hp....the '96 beat several of the newer Camry's.

Tony

Atlanta, GA