If You Need Xm Radio And Are In The Raleigh Area.......

I took my 06' SC430 to Johnson Lexus in Raleigh, NC yesterday and had them install XM radio in it.

They used the Vaistech SL2xmt interface unit and the XM mini tuner for the installation.

They mounted the XM antenna in the center of the flap behind the rear seat head rests for a nice clean "factory" appearance (no antenna on the dash).

They used the "SAT immulation mode" for the installation and the thing works great. The steering wheel controls function as they should, or you can just use the buttons on the face of the radio.

The only minor issue with the whole thing is that the channels are a little slow switching, but that's no big deal.

In any event, I recommend Johnson Lexus on Capitol Boulevard in Raleigh, NC for this install. They charge a flat $599.00 for the entire job (parts and labor).

If you are handy with tools, it is an easy enough installation to do yourself, but for $599.00 with labor included I would rather let them deal with it. That way if any clips are broken while taking the radio out of the dash, it's their problem to fix.