2001 Ls430 Ac Filter

sarcilla

I have a 2001 LS430 and I have reset the AC filter warning, but still need to change the filter. I ordered the filter and have it in-hand, but need to know how to replace it. Is there a panel at the back of one of the glove compartments?

Just trying to save the $87 that the dealer wants to change it...

Thanks in advance,

Sonny

I have '04 so not sure it is the same. Mine is located in back of glovebox (front passenger side). There is a door in back of glovebox. Remove it (snaps no tools required) and then there are a couple snaps to remove the filter holder tray. The filter just sit in this tray and snap it back, then the cover and your done. 5 Minutes max.

I have '04 so not sure it is the same. Mine is located in back of glovebox (front passenger side). There is a door in back of glovebox. Remove it (snaps no tools required) and then there are a couple snaps to remove the filter holder tray. The filter just sit in this tray and snap it back, then the cover and your done. 5 Minutes max.

The paper filter behind the dash should not trigger error code. There is a filter and descant bag inside of the condenser drier. If that is dirty and plugged, A/C will run very high pressure. I think that may trigger error code. Look at the A/C condenser from the bottom of the car, you will see a big plug which you unscrew. The descant bag new is WHITE color.