Buying An '04 Rx

Kyle Petree

We're looking to get a second car, my sister is getting her license very soon and she needs something to drive, I really want an RX so I devised a plan so that I'd get an RX, my mom gets my ES and my sister gets my mom's '02 Buick LeSabre...

Anyway is there anything I need to look out for in the '04 model since it was the first year in that style, are there any common problems with it? It is a Lexus Certified Pre-Owned so I'll get the warranty but I just wanted to know if there is anything I should look for.

Here is the car I'm looking at....

http://www.lexusofmelbourne.com/VehicleDetails/396693833

Also, how easy is it for dealers to move cars, I live in NW Ohio and this is in Florida. Would my Lexus dealer be able to bring it up here without giving me hassle about it?

We're looking to get a second car, my sister is getting her license very soon and she needs something to drive, I really want an RX so I devised a plan so that I'd get an RX, my mom gets my ES and my sister gets my mom's '02 Buick LeSabre...

Anyway is there anything I need to look out for in the '04 model since it was the first year in that style, are there any common problems with it? It is a Lexus Certified Pre-Owned so I'll get the warranty but I just wanted to know if there is anything I should look for.

Also, how easy is it for dealers to move cars, I live in NW Ohio and this is in Florida. Would my Lexus dealer be able to bring it up here without giving me hassle about it?

Transmission, transmission, TRANSMISSION!!!

Actually, I haven't heard of problems with the transmission in the newer (after 2003) RXs. I thought the transmission problems were the older RX300 model, among those, particularly the AWD 1999-2001?

Actually, I haven't heard of problems with the transmission in the newer (after 2003) RXs. I thought the transmission problems were the older RX300 model, among those, particularly the AWD 1999-2001?

Make sure they have a full complement of keys. These are very expensive if you have to go to Lexus. I just bought a '04 and when I went to pick it up the guy only had one key. I checked on pricing with Lexus and if you get the key with full remote it's about $300. A key without remote is over $100. Otherwise just make sure the main services have been done per the schedule and you should be in good shape. If it's certified, shouldn't be a problem.

Well my dealer just took stock of a Fully loaded (minus Mark Levinson) '05 RX that I'm going to go deal on after work today. I haven't heard of any problems with the 05s plus its a year after the new style so they had the first run kinks worked out.

Any ideas what I should pay, I'm not sure how many miles are on it, all my research has been based on 12k/year so 48,000 miles