Need Advice On This 91 Ls400

ls400boi804

well i was driving and it was low on gas. as i was driving it sputtered and cut off on me. but it restarted and the rpms were acting like it was starvin for gas (struggling to reach 1000 rpms) but stays started so i put it in drive and it jerks and jerks for a few sec. usually i put fuel injector cleaner in and new gas and the problem dissappears for days even weeks at a time. But it happened again . I noticed that it only does this when the gas is reading between 1/2 and 3/4 but if i keep it full it doesnt act up. IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP???????

Is it sputtering because it's low on fuel?? ...put gas in it? :huh:

How many miles on your car? Maybe change the fuel filter..

You should check out everything in the fuel system. pump, filter, lines, injectors.. maybe have your injectors pulled and professionally cleaned.. not by means cheap, but can sure help a lot.

speaking of the cap gasket.. I just put a new one on mine. I didn't have a problems with it, but I figured better safe than sorry.. The old one was VERY compressed.

speaking of the cap gasket.. I just put a new one on mine. I didn't have a problems with it, but I figured better safe than sorry.. The old one was VERY compressed.

...yea, its amazing how much these gas tanks pressurize, mine always sounds like a small jet taking off whenever i remove the cap to fill up! :D

it has 196,000 but hey i got it for 600.... My cap sounds like a jet too whn i undo to put gas in too ... i checked the trunk wires and they looked very well kept so i can eliminate that. i also put another fuel filter on it months ago.. but today i driving fine no problems i hope this doesnt jinx me. but the problem still exist.