Um I Need Help Fast With Stereo

lasik124

Alright well i just got everything drilled and set for my stereo. I was using the factory pioneer stereo with my subwoofers and for the amp to turn on it needed a remote wire. So what i did is i used the remote wire and a wire tap under the fuse box to connect the the remote turn on wire from the amplifier to the back. I had the radio on for like 2 mins and the suddenly it turned off when my key was turned past the acc and my gauges started blinking. i though i blew a fuse but i looked and nothing was blown. I removed the key and then put it back in and everything started back up but there is no sound coming out of the radio. i really want to fix this fast because i havent even finished installing the subwoofers. did i blow something by chance? It was the Pioneer system in the 91 LS400. Please can anyone help me :( :( :( :( :(

I remember when I had a receiver put in my old 91.

The place said that the only thing I could have hooked up to the new deck were the speakers because of how "Lexus" was wired..

Maybe this was a job best left to a pro?

well no worries now i just figured out wat the problem was. the two pin connector for the old subwoofer was shorting out, soo i cut it and crimped the wire to my subwoofers in the back. Ya what the place was talking about was there are no pre amps in the back of the headunit so they cant take the speaker from there, however, im not sure if you have a subwoofer hanging in the back of yours like i did. My subwoofer foam deteriorated and i was going to install bigger subs anyway. So what i did was i looked for an amp that had speaker level inputs. What speak level inputs let you do is take speaker wire run in from the sub woofer or existing speaker wire and just put it right into the back of the amp. You don't need the two RCA cables for left and right audio and it the amp will automatically turn on when signal is being sensed. Alls i had to do was run the power cable through the fire wall and to the battery and it sounds AMAZING. I have a Kenwood amp that i bought from crutchfield. I am going to post pictures later of the rims and subwoofers along with a vid probably on youtube. thank you anyways !

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KAC9104/Ke...rch=Kenwood+amp

(except mine is 1000 watts i couldn't find that model anymore =/)